"Abide With Me" (Sunday Service's sermon)

I just realized that it's the first day of May..time runs swiftly till none realizes its plot (hehehe it's too subjective coz maybe I'm the only one who does not realize it :p )
lets start a new chapter with fresh words from the source of  peace.


I've been so weary and disappointed with somebody today, almost the whole day i felt that way till God spoke to me through His servant in evening service. 
actually i woke up late today and could not go to morning service in my church so i decided to go to other church, quite far from my house and i thought that i would be too late but Thank God, He knew my desire and took me "in time" in that church.


i believe that God knows my struggle, it's all about my emotion so He used the pastor in that church to share about disappointment.. What a coincidence! i was there sitting and listening.. :)


so this is what i get from the preaching in the book of Luke 24: 13-35. 


the story began with the two of disciples travelling to a village called "Emmaus" which was seven miles from Jerusalem. during walking they were talking about all the things that had happened in Jerusalem. it was about the issue of the loss of Jesus' body and the testimony from the women who had seen the vision of angels, telling them that He was alive. at that time they were so disappointed and sad by all things that seemed out of their mind till they did not realize that Jesus was walking together with them and having a serious talk with them about that issue. they kept walking together not knowing that it was Jesus who was walking till they reached their destination and Jesus indicated that He would have gone farther. 
they constrained Him to abide with them. in short, Jesus stayed and sat at the table with them, taking the bread, blessing, breaking it and giving it to them. suddenly, their eyes were opened and they knew Him. once they realized He vanished from their sight.
so, they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem to tell what they had seen to the other disciples. 


this story is very famous till a songwriter created a hymn from this story. the hymn's title is Abide with me.
but what I've got from this famous story is too amazing. it really touches my heart. the points I've learnt are;



  •  disappointment has closed our eyes to see and to feel God's presence. the presence of God is peace and joy but we don't ever see anything if our eyes are closed by the feeling of disappointment. just as the two disciples did not see and realize that it was Jesus who was walking with them coz they were disappointed by the death of Jesus, i also feel the same way. I've lost the peace today just because of disappointment. but thank God He's spoken to me, chastening me :)


  • we can only see and feel God's presence if we invite Him to abide with us. the two men can realize that it was Jesus when constrained Jesus to abide with them. it shows that we need to ask Him abide in our bitter heart so that He can change it to be peace and joyful.

  • do not wait till tomorrow to get the peace. the two men had travelled 7 miles from Jerusalem ( literally means the city of peace) to Emmaus (meaning: the hot spring). it must be so tiring BUT once they realized that Jesus was there speaking, walking, even having the same table with them they did not wait till tomorrow. the bible says "they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem to share the joy with the other". it means they had travelled 14 miles but it did not tire them. it makes me learn to forget all the things that have made me disappointed and to forgive whoever hurting me, not waiting till tomorrow but do it TODAY. regardless of the pain and wound that someone has done to me, all i need to do is to forget and to forgive. it doesn't take time tomorrow but TODAY.

so, the first day of May has just begun and God seems to teach me about "to forget and to forgive". it's not easy but I'm praying that Holy Spirit will enable me to do it.

whatever you face these days, if you've been disappointed with somebody, all i can do is to remind you from the story of "The Road to Emmaus". 

here is the video of the hymn from this story.. enjoy watching and singing!!!







Stay Blessed,
Haniva 


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)