Guardian Teacher's Duty

A teacher is a guardian angel :)

Life has been so hectic for me recently...
I've been experiencing the real life of being a teacher and it's definitely interesting yet challenging. 
As English teacher in Mercusuar, I dont merely teach English but I am also the guardian teacher or sometimes people call 'homeroom teacher' or here in our school we call 'class supervisor' for the grade 10-1 students. Being a class supervisor makes me become a mom for them so everything that happens to them at school is my responsibility. 
during the last two weeks I've been twisted by several things;
  • the complaints of some teachers that teach my kids in grade 10-1. they told me that some of them didn't pass the daily test and the other complain about my kids who didn't submit homework.  
  • one of my kids-a boy-  got involved  a fighting with the students from 11th grade, one grade higher than him. Because of this mistake he was almost dropped out from school.. Thank God, the principal still gave him the second chance but I had to call his parents coming to school to meet the school counselor coz he is too afraid of telling his parents about this case.  
  • the complaint from our Deutsch teacher about one of my kids--the one who fought--that he was playing his mobile phone during the lesson.. This made me kinda furious but thank God I could still control of my anger so I just gave him advice, trying to make him realize that he had done very stupid things by fighting and playing mobile in class. I was trying to ensure him that there's no advantage at all by being a bad boy. hopefully he will always remember my advice.. 
  • one of my kids who passed the selection of accelerated class and had been signed up the approval letter, finally changed her mind.. she didn't want to study in accelerated class anymore coz she felt uncomfortable. she told me that it wasn't her decision but her parents. thus, I had to talk to the coordinator of accelerated class in order to 'save' my kids. 
I believe that those problems are commonly faced by all guardian teachers around the world..though they might be various but still have the same pattern. it's all about watching over our kids. Becoming a guardian teacher has given me such a precious lesson of being a mother. It is like a training for me before I make a decision to get married on age 28 years old.. having 18 kids that I have to watch over everyday at school and the rest number of students whom I teach English to is not an easy job coz I am responsible for their life and of course for their future but it is always attracting when I find myself struggling for finding solutions to their problems and the most amazing thing that always skips me from being 'exhausted' is when I find that I've got sooo much love from my kids..sure it's incomparable to all the problems they create..hehehe.. :)
that's why I am always sure saying that I love teaching!!!! <3 <3 <3
what about you teacher?!!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)