Tragedy

If we never get unified then how can we be strong??? that was just a simple thought when I was in elementary school learning about Indonesian history. at that time my teacher gave me this analogy to make us understand how important it is to be unified..she said 'as one palm leaf rib can never move any trash if it is not bonded into a broom so we-Indonesian couldn't fight against colonialism if we are not unified." and I still even always agree for this statement. :)

my country consists of so many islands with various cultures and religions. some people think those variety make us rich yet still other racist and fanatic think of it as a big problem.

Today, something has just happened here in my beloved nation. It is quite embarrassing till I ever thought of being reborn in other country..
After experiencing peace for some years this nation comes back to its stupid--very stupid--action. for the very stupid reason they fight for culture and religion. yeah... the tragedy of Ambon, Maluku seems to heat up..
My sister suddenly texted me that her senior in University "Jefry Siahaan" died because he got a random shot when the chaos in Ambon occured. It was grieving since this man has been doing his duty as a teacher there in Ambon while his family lives in Sumatra. I can never imagine how it feels to be his mom, when his son who lives far away from him comes back home dead..

I know none knows when death comes but if we may prefer, we all want to die in peace, not as the victim of a stupid chaos. the very crazy thing that doesn't ever make sense is that the reason they fight is for 'defending their god'. isn't that funny? how can we defend God??!! if each religion wants to defend their God then whom shall God defend? when everyone thinks s/he is the right one then who is wrong?
when every difference becomes one

Sometimes this idea runs across my mind; why did God not let those racists and fanatics live in colonialism era? it would be better if they lived at that age coz they would directly experience how IMPORTANT the UNITY is...

I wish it would be like that but it's not.. unfortunately they are still alive today when every one in every where shouts loudly for peace and unity..
I wish they could understand, or even think of it for a while that all the efforts are useless..

and here I am, still praying for the unity in my country and also for the peace as I believe where there's a peace there God pours down His blessing as Psalm 133 says:
Behold, how good and how pleasant [it is] for brothers to dwell together in unity!
[It is] like the precious ointment on the head that ran down on the beard, Aaron's beard, that went down to the mouth of his garments;
 like the dew of Hermon that came down on the mountains of Zion; for there the LORD commanded the blessing, life forevermore.
Let peace and healing be upon Indonesia !!!
 Amen

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)