My 'Boring' Testimony

Syalomm...
Tonight I finally decide to share my boring testimony. Actually I was inspired by one of the blogs that I follow-- Get Joy--. thank God for such a touching post she shared. sometimes I also feel the same. I don't testify very often. I only share testimony when I feel I want to. But I've just been reminded to share anything, including the things that I think might bore those who read or listen. It's not about what I share but what God can do through my testimony.  

And here's mine..

I was born in a Christian family, raised by godly parents who had taught me how to pray since I was learning to talk. I remember the first time I raised my hands to lead the prayer in my Sunday school. I prayed "our Father's prayer' and my Sunday school teacher was very proud of me.

I attended Sunday school regularly, learning about bible, about how God created the earth and the history of Israel, about Christ, how He died on the cross for me. I learnt it all in my early childhood (though I skipped some weeks coz I wanted to watch my favourite cartoon). yeah, I lived in a perfect Christian circumstance where I could get access easily to know the truth. However, it wasn't just enough coz I kept questioning about where I would have gone after death.

I was raised in a very legalistic Christianity where I was taught to fear the Lord for His punishment. yup, I learnt to love God for I didn't want to get punished. What I thought was that If I didn't love God, He would drop me to hell. if I didn't do good things I would stay in hell. If I cursed my mom, dad or anyone I would go to hell. In short I did everything good coz I was afraid of hell not because of God. Then I got tired of being a good person. I thought that being a Christian was a big burden and I couldn't stand anymore.

Thank God He never leaves me alone--never. in His right time He drew me close to Him. I still remembered the year, it was in my last year of being a junior higher, a friend of mine asked me to go to a crusade- a praise and worship crusade. I went along with her and there all the chapters of my life were reformed. I gave my life to Christ, admitting my infirmities to be a good person, crying before the Lord and for the first time in my life I felt like the burdens were all lighter for God Himself carries it all for me.

Nevertheless, being reborn wasn't the end of all my struggle. No.. living as a Christian doesn't mean you're free from any problems. No. for God is still purifying your life. the first process of purification was when I was in the last year of being a senior higher (it was always the last year..LOL). God gave me the biggest problem that I thought I could never handle. He tested my family. I found it hard for it was the last year in high school where I had to focus on learning for National exam but in that difficult time He let me face the crisis in my family. My mom and dad almost divorced for dad did something wrong. I was really hurt at that time. I wanted to hate my dad, blaming him for all the stupid things he'd done but again the love of God changed all. God had turned the bitterness in my heart into love. Sure, I didn't even believe that I could forgive my dad and still love him as the way he is, knowing that he isn't an angel but a man, and that imperfect man is my beloved dad. I know God has used the problem to make me mature in spirit.It was the way He purified my love and also my family.

All the processes I've been going through are extremely wonderful. I finally found a community where I can learn more about the Word of God. Trinity is like an answer to my prayer. In this community we grow up together, share our testimonies, strengthen and pray for one another and what I love the most is the time we've spent to grow up in the Word of God. I,then learn that it's not about how good I am before God but it's all because of His grace alone. Yup, by His grace I am redeemed and by His grace alone He enables me to love Him. He's changed my perspectives on life. He's made me more than a conqueror. He's the reason I smile, the reason I do all good things, the reason I teach, the reason I live and the center of life. And the happiest thing is finding myself no longer afraid of my destination after death as I am very SURE where I shall go after I finish doing all my duties on this earth. Heaven is not a strange place anymore yet it's my home!

So tonight when I look back at the days I've gone through with Him, I recall of one verse in Rome 8:28;
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to [His] purpose."
I believe God is still writing my life story (for He hasn't finished yet). there are many things I shall face, the bright and dark days, yet one thing that strengthens me is that "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You [are] with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4).

Have you got the boring testimony in common?
Share with me or with anyone coz it's not about what you share but what God can do through your testimony!

Blessings,
Haniva




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)