The Hardest Questions

What was the last question you could answer successfully lately?
Have you ever thought of what you would answer God when He inquired you?

This is actually what Job faced when God questioned him with a lot of questions. The questions were actually the hardest questions in this world as they will never be answered by man's understanding.

God began His questions by asking Job to teach Him:
Who [is] this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Now gird up your loins like a man; for I will ask of you, and you teach Me. Job 38:2-3
And the very first question started with the basic question:
Job 38:4 Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell if you have understanding!

If I were Job I must have been very confused as how could I explain in my limited ways of thinking to answer the Unlimited in all? Nothing I could answer.

And if you read the whole chapters of the book of Job, you'll find more questions started from chapter 38 to 41. Among those unanswered questions, I have been touched by two super awesome questions. One is mentioned before in Job 38:2 and the other is from Job 38:31;
 Can you bind the bands of the Pleiades, or loosen the cords of Orion?
I was contemplating these two questions these couple days as I almost reach the last chapter of Job. I kept asking myself, what definitely does my Heavenly Father want to speak to me? As His stubborn crying baby I always bother Him with my unnecessary stuffs. I didn't focus on my calling but kept switching my mind into this perishable worldly stuff. Then here's what He actually wants me to learn;

  •  He started His question by asking about the very first existence-- the foundation of the earth. God is letting my 'logical ways of thinking' to respond Him about all my worriness. He wants me to KNOW that it was Him since the first of all and will always be Him for the last. He just wants to remind me that it was Him who laid the foundation of my existence so no need to annoy myself with all unnecessary questions related to my further existence. It was Him, is Him and will always be Him...
  • God captures my attention to the stars above-Pleiades or Orion.Clarke (www.ccsom.org) in his commentary gave a brief description about these stars;
The Pleiades are a constellation in the sign Taurus. They consist of six stars visible to the naked eye; to a good eye, in a clear night, seven are discernible; but with a telescope ten times the number may be readily counted. They make their appearance in the spring. Orion may be seen in the morning, towards the end of October, and is visible through November, December, and January; and hence, says Mr. Good, it becomes a correct and elegant synecdoche for the winter at large. The Pleiades are elegantly opposed to Orion, as the vernal renovation of nature is opposed to its wintry destruction; the mild and open benignity of spring, to the severe and icy inactivity of winter.

----> The Pleiades appear in the spring after winter is over. God asked Job 'can you bind the bands of the Pleiades?'. His question to Job means a lot to me as I believe He is speaking to me dealing with my frozen hope. What I've faced lately has made my hope frozen. I am not pretty aware of it but my Father does know the icy heart within me. He knows that I need those Pleiades that brighten sparkly in the sky after the freezing ice melts away. He just wanna say "Hey, your hope still remains. None can bind the bands of Pleiades but ME."

----> Another important message comes from Orion, the Mr. Good. God questioned Job ' Can you loosen the cords of Orion?' When I read this sentence I was overwhelmed by the fact that it's all about His authority. Orion comes to alert us that winter is coming soon.It appears before winter and is invisible during winter. It's another way to remind me that even in the coldest and iciest situation, where I could get frozen or get slipped, God is still the One who has fully authority towards my life. He binds the Orion, none can loosen but when He loosens the cords of orion, including the cords of my life, none can bind it.

After God questioned Job about so many great things that he could never understand, I really really love the part when Job answered God, which really reflected his faith in the Almighty.

42:1 And Job answered the LORD and said,
42:2 I know that You can do all, and not [any] purpose is withheld from You.
42:3 Who [is] he who hides counsel without knowledge? Therefore I have spoken what I did not understand; [things] too wonderful for me; yea, I did not know.
42:4 Hear, I beseech You, and I will speak; I will ask You, and You will cause me to know.
42:5 I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; but now my eye has seen You.
42:6 Therefore I despise [myself], and repent in dust and ashes.
His response showed his humility before the Almighty. He humbled himself and confessed that it's God who holds everything.
I love reading this book because Job is a very faithful man. From the beginning, when he lost everything--put in my mind, he lost everything but in his deepest sadness he can still praise the Lord. He said  ' I came naked out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away. Blessed [be] the name of the LORD.' Job 1:21. Job showed the consistency of faith which is very hard to keep nowadays.

The question for us today, can we praise Him in the most difficult time of our life and still be faithful until the last?
Will we answer Him in humility when He inquires us in the midst of our distress and affliction?

Holly Spirit will always work in you and me to keep us faithful in any situation. This is my prayer.

Stay bleesed,
Haniva

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)