Holly Spirit, A Good Reminder

Do you know that you have a good reminder that lives in you?
If you don't know, let me tell you who He is.. He is Holly Spirit.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.
I had a great experience with Him yeaterday. It was actually my most embarrassing moment so lets say that this post is my testimony but also my sin confession. :')

I was very happy as my boyfriend came to Kupang with his family so I went to visit them. We both had planned to hang out yesterday so he came to my house to pick me up. Yet, when I just wanted to go out, the deacon came and told us that the fellowship was at our house. My dad was not at home coz he had to lead the fellowship in other house while my mom was going to a relative meeting. We were only 3 persons at home, me (who just wanted to hang out), Monna and Eka. Well, I didn't even think about staying at home as we (my boyfriend and I) had planned it before. The poorest decision I took was going outside and leaving my two younger sister at home to have the fellowship.

On the way to our destination, I was convicted.. I felt like there was no peace in my heart. A voice whispered to my heart "Hey, you could go out with him after the fellowship.. why are you so selfish? God just asks for your 30 or 45 minutes." The voice kept talking even louder to my heart and I couldn't pretend that everything was OK with me. I couldn't stand anymore so I straightly told my boyfriend to return home as I wanted to have the fellowship. My boyfriend also thought that it was a better decision than hanging out. He rode me home very fast and when I arrived the fellowship was still going on, it was on the sermon time. I was very relieved listening to the Word.

I was ashamed of myself coz I didn't put God in my first priority. I put Him on the second one after my boyfriend just because my boyfriend and I don't always have time to be together like a normal couple coz  we are separated by sea so whenever he comes to visit me, I always try to set aside time to hang out with him. But I thank God for the sweet Holly Spirit that He reminds me at the right time. As Jesus says, the Spirit will teach us all things and bring all things to our remembrance. He shall remind us of Jesus' Words and help us to do God's will.

Thank God for Holly Spirit...






Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)