Eros Redeemed


What is wrong with nakedness?
This question is well-answered here in this book...

Eros redeemed is the book I am reading at the moment. It's all about breaking stranglehold of sexual sin. 

Why God let me read the book has been such a wonderful fact that makes me realize how plentiful His love for me. God knows how hard I struggle with this sexual sin even I myself don't do anything that is wrong sexually yet my mind is full of erotic thoughts that can corrupt myself and it is sinful. Jesus gives us the highest standard when He talks about sexual sin, especially adultery. In Matthew 5:27-30 He emphasizes the importance of  holiness/purity. In verse 28 Jesus says "But I say to you that whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." He even says that better we pull out our sinful eyes than going to hell with complete body. So, it's undeniable that we always struggle with the sin everyday coz whether we realize or not we tend to think negatively when we see a man or woman.




What I love from this book is the way the writer explains about the root of this sin. He doesn't merely discuss ways to be free from this sin yet he focuses his writing on the cause of sin or the root of this sin that has been ignored by several writers. I agree with him that we can only overcome this sin when we know what is the cause or the root and who is our real enemy.

Here are two interesting points I have learned so far from this book :
  • The cause of every sexual sin has started when the first men (Adam and Eve) fell a short the glory of God. When they ate the fruit and realized that they were naked was the time when the sin started. It is not wrong with nakedness as God Himself created our body with our sexual organs for His holy purpose but the devil has switched our mind so that we see our body in a different way from God's mind. Adam and Eve were naked before the serpent deceived them to eat the fruit but they were just OK with that situation. It turns to be disastrous when they ate the fruit. The bible says that they became shy with their own bodies so they made clothes from leaves to cover their nakedness. Here's the beginning of all sexual sins. We do not see our body as the way God sees but we have been afraid of our own body. 
  • God created sex for His glorious purpose. The purpose is not only for the sake of reproduction but it also talks about intimacy of the two men that have been blessed in a marriage. It's all about love. However many times we separate love from sex, or we see these two things separately. We despite 'eros' and glorify 'agape' or viceversa. Eros cannot stand alone without agape. You can never reach the highest point of love without experiencing the lowest one. Thus, there's nothing wrong with eros. It is also love. It leads you to understand agape. What makes you sinful is the lust. Even if you get married but you only seek for your own lust fulfillment, you commit sin.
I haven't finished reading this book but I believe that the entire pages are amazing. So, if you're one among the thousands who struggle for the same thing, I encourage you to read this book and I pray that Holy Spirit may reveal all things to you more than what He has revealed to me.

Stay blessed,


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)