A New Perspective

Life will lead you to the unexpected ways..

I am coming back to Jedidiah after leaving it untouched for a few months. I should confess that my new work has stolen all my time and attention. Have I told you that I am not teaching anymore?! Yes, I have started my new world, leaving the classroom that has given me plenty lessons and getting trapped into the world of language research. Maybe it's not new anymore.. It's just like I am coming back to my old world. Well, in short, the news is I am coming back to language research.

My new job gave me many opportunities to deepen my knowledge on linguistics, the major I've fallen for. One of those opportunities was attending a training for language researcher, and that's what I am going to share here.

Yes, last week I went to Jakarta for the training called " Peningkatan Kompetensi Peneliti Tahap II" held in Santika Hotel, Taman Mini. I was excited but nervous at the first time as I have not got my reseacher certificate. I found my self small among my seniors. But thank God, they were all friendly and helpful. I eventually could enjoy the class.

One of the classes that had impressed me a lot was synchronic research method with Dr. Sudaryanto. At first time seeing Mr. Sudaryanto, I was far from thinking of him as a trainer, a linguist. I thought he was an artist because he wore a cap like most of the painters wear. Yet, I found him later in the class with his simple but elegant outlook. I could see his genious look from the way he delivered the materials. He was stunningly awesome. I dont know what other trainees thought about him, but I personally got the points he explained. He loves phylosophy (which made me feel my Joseph presence all the time) and it makes him easily explain all concepts which are complicated for a beginner like me. Yes the concept was confusing and I frankly said that my former lecturer had totally failed to deliver this topic on our research method class but with him, research method concept became definitely clear. Sure, my mind was opened and my eyes were unveiled. My brain got refreshed and the thing was I was really motivated to study more.. I have been in love with Linguistics.

I thank God for letting me attend the class eventhough I did complain Him why He did not let me meet Dr. Sudaryanto on my graduate degree. I believe God's time is perfect. He has led me so far for a purpose. I don't know where but I am sure He is leading me to a land full of milk and honey.
I am gonna walk and walk. I promise I wont give up. I will learn hard and next time when meeting Dr. Sudaryanto again, I will be actively participating into discussion. I promise..

"...di sepanjang hidup kita, kita tidak dapat memilih untuk tidak menyampaikan ’makna’ ke dunia sekeliling kita.” Dr. Sudaryanto



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

If "Hot Blooded Woman" was made into a Drama"

When God says 'Not Yet' (again)

Easter (7 words on the cross)